Select Journal articles and peer-reviewed conference proceedings (Complete list here) * equal contribution, + trainee
- S. Adhikari, S-L. T. Normand, J. Bloom, D. Shahian and S. Rose. (2021) Revisiting Performance Metrics for Prediction with Rare Outcomes. Statistical Methods in Medical Research. (Accepted)
- S. Adhikari, T.M. Sweet and B. W. Junker. (2021) Analysis of Longitudinal Advice-Seeking Networks Following Implementation of High Stakes Testing.
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society – Series A.
- S. Adhikari*, N. P. Pantaleo*+, J.M. Feldman, O. Ogedegbe, L. Thorpe, & A.B. Troxel, (2020). Assessment of community-level disparities in coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) infections and deaths in large US metropolitan areas.
JAMA network open, 3(7), e2016938-e2016938.
- B. Dabbs, S. Adhikari and T. M. Sweet. (2020) Conditionally independent dyads (CID) network models: A latent variable network approach.
- Reynolds HR, Adhikari S, Pulgarin C, et al. Renin–angiotensin–aldosterone system inhibitors and risk of Covid-19.
New England Journal of Medicine.
- T. M. Sweet and S. Adhikari. 2020. A latent space model for network influence. Psychometrika. 1-24.
- S. Adhikari, S. Rose and S-L. T. Normand. 2019. Nonparametric Bayesian Instrumental Variable Analysis: Evaluating Heterogeneous Effects of Arterial Access Sites for Opening Blocked Blood Vessels.
Journal of the American Statistical Association.
- S. Adhikari*, F. Lecci*, J. T. Becker, B. W Junker, L. H. Kuller, O. L. Lopez,and R. J. Tibshirani (2019). High-dimensional longitudinal classification with the multinomial fused lasso.
Statistics in Medicine.
- J. P. Spillane, M. Shirrell, & S. Adhikari (2018). Constructing ‘experts’ among peers: Test data, educational infrastructure, and teachers’ interactions about teaching. Educational Evaluation and Policy Analysis.
- S. Adhikari and B. Dabbs (2018). Social Network Analysis in R: A Software Review.
Journal of Education and Behavioral Statistics.
- S. Somanchi, S. Adhikari, A. Lin, E. Eneva, and R. Ghani (2015). Early prediction of cardiac arrest (code blue) using electronic medical records.
Proceedings of the 21th ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, KDD ’15, pages 2119–2126. New York, NY, USA.
Winner of the AIS SIGHealth 2016 Best Paper Award Competition
Pre-prints and under review
- J. V. Spertus, S. Adhikari and S-L. T. Normand. Regularization and hierarchical prior distributions for adjustment in health care claims data: rethinking comorbidity score . arXiv preprint.
1. PCI Outcomes Differ in Clinical Trials vs Reality
2. In Atlanta, A Wave Of Coronavirus Deaths And The Questions Left In Its Wake in NPR.
3. Racial Disparities in COVID-19–Related Deaths Exist Beyond Income Differences in Large U.S. Cities Also covered by Time, City Limits, U.S. News & World Report, Spectrum News NY1, Daily Mail, Medical Xpress, Brinkwire, Global Health Now.